I had a detailed newsletter written about the emotional
experience with visiting our (rented) house and longtime friends in our
hometown in Prescott, Arizona, USA but Cindie's 6 months old computer
crashed and it was lost. Other than my letter we lost all of our email
contacts, Cindie's Utah journal and ongoing correspondence. If you were
waiting for an email from us we probably lost it and we ask you to please
write again. This is especially true for the film studio prospects and several future public appearances in the works
including Colgate University in New York.
We still have all comments left on the Latest
News Blog and our web content. We backed up our tax and bookkeeping files so those weren't lost.
Cindie is happy about that. So this is something we can recover from but it
is the lost email that is the most frustrating.
We will keep working on Cindie's computer and try to
retrieve her Utah journal.
If you want to receive future
simply send an (empty) email message to
http://www.downtheroad.org/EmailSignUp.htm . When email list program (ezmlm) receives your
blank email it will add your
address to the our subscriber database and send you a message to tell you
that you are a subscriber. If your mail program supports it, you may be able
to just click on the email address listed above.
If you do not
want to receive future RoadNews Newsletters: send a
message to [email protected] , then reply to the confirmation
request. ezmlm will send you a message to let you know that you are no
longer a subscriber. ezmlm will also let you know if the address was not in
the subscriber list. If so, you are probably subscribed under another
address. When this happens, construct an unsubscribe request that contains
your subscription address.
I have a plan as how the next 6 years will look like.
This May 2nd we fly from Christchurch to Alaska where we
plan to spend a month with Cindie's sister in Valdez. Around June 1st
we start riding south through Canada and the west coast of the USA. In
November we hope to be in Tucson for several bicycle events.
If we can find a cheap place to stay in Tuscon we will
spend the winter there but if we can not afford Tuscon we will head south to
Mexico, find a quite villiage, rent a room, and rest.
In the spring of 2009 we we want to ride north to
Yellostone National Park or beyond in time to pick up the Adventure Cycling
Assosiation's Trans America Trail and cross the USA. In the fall of
2009 we will visit my family in Indiana and most likely goto the huge bike
event called the Hilly Hundred.
From here things get more fuzzy with several possible
scanerios leading to a fall and winter riding through the Middle East and
then a two year ride south in Africa on the way to Cape Town. .
If the new American president drops the embargo on Cuba we
would love to spend the winter there and the fly to Europe for the summer
and then heading on to Europe and Africa
If my goverment still prevents US citizens from visiting
Cuba then we have concidered flying from Indiana to spend the winter
in Morocco before heading on to Europe and Africa
Another possibility is that the US dollor is trading very
low against the European Union Euro and makes Europe far to expensive for
our shoestring budget then we could go stright from fall in Indiana to
Istanbul Turcky, spend the w